I have listed out the URLs in sequence to follow to install IBM Cognos 8.
On a Windows XP Prof PC,
1. Install MS SQL Server 2000: http://goldenfuturetechnologies.com/installation-procedure-of-microsoft-sql-server-2000-developer-edition/
2. Upgrage MS SQL Server 2000 to SP4: http://goldenfuturetechnologies.com/installation-procedure-of-microsoft-sql-server-2000-sp4/
3. Install IBM Cognos 8 BI Server: http://goldenfuturetechnologies.com/installation-procedure-of-cognos-8-bi-suite-8-1-server/
4. Install IBM Cognos 8 BI Modeling: http://goldenfuturetechnologies.com/installation-procedure-of-cognos-8-bi-suite-8-1-model/
5. Configure IBM Cognos 8 with MS SQL Server as Content Store: http://goldenfuturetechnologies.com/configure-cognos-8-bi-suite-with-microsoft-sql-server-2000-with-sp4/
6. Import Cognos 8 Sample DBs into MS SQL Server 2000 SP4: http://goldenfuturetechnologies.com/how-to-import-ibm-cognos-8-bi-sample-databases/
Hoping that this is useful.
— Sandeep P